Monday, January 13, 2014

What I did in 2013

New year is usually the time for taking stock. What did we do last year, and what do we hope to do this year? Looking back through my IG feed (I'm still not quite back on track sorting photos on my computer) 2013 seems to have been the year of pouches and purses, and there were quite a few - 20 in fact! No wonder I didn't get around to finishing all those quilts... I did finish 8 UFOs, though, and I started 23 new projects. At the beginning of 2014 I have 7 quilts in the works. A couple of them are oldies that haven't been worked on for years, but some are definitely works in progress. The last quarter of 2013 was spent packing, moving and unpacking - I haven't sewn a single stitch since October in fact, and I have really no idea where my thread and needles are!

The good news is that I have finally finished unpacking the kitchen and living room so I'm ready to unpack the boxes in the sewing room, so I expect I'll locate the essentials and get reacquainted with my sewing machine later this week.
 
I don't really do new year resolutions, so I'll just make one: I promise to have fun sewing in 2014!

No comments :