Monday, November 05, 2012

Try and try again

I fell in love with this tiny bag on Pinterest and just had to try making one. The link led to a photo tutorial in Russian (I think) and was easy enough to follow, except for one thing - a lack of measurements! Ok, it did say that the box corner seams are 4 cms, but that was it. I measured and calculated and came up with zilch. There was nothing for it, I just had to have a go and actually make one. My first sample was not all that great, and the box corners didn't match up, so there was nothing for it: I had to rip out the seams and try again. After lining up the cut out corners and trimming them to make my bag less lopsided, I ended up with a 6 1/2 by 9 1/2 piece of quilted fabric and finished my little bag.

It is a sweet little thing, standing 4" tall on its 2 1/2" square bottom, but I'm not entirely happy with it. It looks too tall and skinny compared to the original, so I need to work on the proportions a bit and make a new attempt, I think. Maybe I should have a go at making some bigger, more useful ones as christmas presents while I'm at it? I think these little ones are quite sweet, but maybe not so practical.. Oh well, I'll just have to keep playing and see what I come up with!

No comments :