Saturday, September 22, 2012

Sometimes...

 Sometimes fabric shopping can't be helped... Just look at these lovely ovals by Pat Bravo. This line had completely eluded me, but when I came across it in a blog-giveway (I forget where) and didn't win, I knew I just had to find my own set. I eventually found them at Fat quarter shop, and of course once you start putting things in your shopping basket, it is oh so easy to add a little something...
...like these from Bella by Lotta Jansdotter. I was trying to resist this line, having just finished a quilt top from her previous line, Echo (even as I'm writing, I see that there is something warped about my sense of logic- I loved the previous line, why shouldn't I buy this one? Duh.). I settled for these five, and I have some matching solids making their way across the Atlantic to my door as we speak. Oh joy!
Now what will I make from these? A set of new placemats for myself, perhaps? That will give me lots of scraps to play with later... Or another lap quilt with some text fabric and lovely polka dots perhaps? Or maybe both? Sometimes it's hard to decide...

No comments :