Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hometown ribbons

Wouldn't you believe it! It has been bright and sunny for days, but on the day I finished my Hometown Ribbons quilt, and started taking pictures, the sky turned grey and rain started pouring down, so the colours aren't quite as bright as I would have liked in these pictures. But, the main thing is that my quilt is finished and I'm loving it!
Sorry if I sound too smug, but actually, it is the combination of fabrics I love most of all, and that pattern was so fun to sew! I started out with a jelly roll of Hometown from Sweetwater. I don't know what it is about that line of fabrics that makes me so happy - the text fabric, the polka dots, the colours? Everything, really. I combined it with some blue chambray from a local shop. It has the look of denim, but is soft and thin like the quilting fabrics, so they play well together.
I used an IKEA door fabric for the back and quilted echoing lines and spirals in the blue areas and a paisley/shell design on the ribbons. The pattern is "Fast Forward" by Jaybird Quilts.

1 comment :

Kelli said...

This is gorgeous! This is one range that I'm spewin I haven't got any of! Yet... Enjoy your lovely quilt!