Friday, May 07, 2010

Wednesday on a Friday

I know, it's called Workbook Wednesday, and today is Friday, but it's been a crazy week. I managed to upload these pictures to Flickr before I went to bed on Wednesday, but that was it.

I have quilted the two small quilts I showed last time. The first one is the one where I played with different shapes, and placed them in different relations to each other. I couldn't decide, and eventually I just slapped them down with the iron. The red piece reminded me of a sail, and I quilted lines connecting it to the other two pieces. Now when I look at it, it looks more like a pair of bikini bottoms hanging on the washing line... ;-D The quilt also looks a bit plain and "open", but I'm just leaving it as it is until I get to the chapter about embellishments and finishing techniques and we'll see what I come up with...

I trimmed the pear piece and added some borders before quilting. This one also needs some kind of binding or edge finish, but I'm leaving that for later as well. I'm quite happy with it so far, though.

No comments :