Monday, September 21, 2009

Diversions

I seem to have been working on my zigzag quilt forever (the quilting is all done, just the binding to do before show and tell!) and yesterday I just needed a diversion. I had an idea I wanted to try out and got some craft felt out to do some stitching. When I had cut the piece I needed, I was left with some scraps that turned out to be just the right size for some bookmarks. I had a friend's birthday party to go to, and had bought her a book, so why not make her a bookmark to go with it? I sat down by the sewing machine and stitched some selvedges and other bits and pieces to one of the felt scraps - just parallel lines with white thread, and liked the effect so much that I continued with the other two scraps. A bit of hand-stitching and voila: three new bookmarks.

My friend liked hers a lot, and one of my co-workers who saw it before I put it in the card was envious, so there might just be a market for these. Not that I'm going to sell them, but as a little treat for a friend these will do nicely, I think. There might be some more later on. But first, some binding to stitch and then that diversion I was diverted from...

No comments :