Sunday, August 02, 2009

Zagging along

This is what I'm working on at the moment. It has been left in the UFO pile for far too long, but you don't know how hard it was to find a black fabric for the borders with brown or tan in it - it seems that all black fabrics now have some grey in them, and that just wouldn't work with these colours, I thought. Well, that's the power of fabric trends, I suppose. I eventually found my black in the clearance bin!
I'm working on the backing now - trying to incorporate the cut-offs and leftovers. I think I will quilt it in zigzagging stripes following the pattern in the top, but I haven't quite decided if it should be hand- or machine-quilted yet. There is a zigzag quilt in one of Kaffe Fassett's books which is hand quilted in quite big stitches with floss or something, I think. Maybe that would be a good approach. I'll have to look it up.
Oh well, back to my piecing - I'm invited out for dinner and I really must make some blocks before I leave...

No comments :