Wednesday, March 25, 2009

More gorgeousness

I've been away for a few days, and wouldn't you know it - I managed to sverve by a couple of quilt shops... And we all know what happens then, don't we? I just couldn't control myself! But it is such a lovely feeling, though: "I'll have this please, and this and this..." and before you know it:

A bag full of gorgeous fabric! I do have a few pieces in my stash already (understatement of the year!), but I had been saving up for this trip, and it was great to indulge a bit. My local quilt shop is all about sweet, romantic fabrics in soft colours these days, and I'm not, so it was great to find some more colourful bits and pieces. Yesterday I just sat here and oohed and aaahed and tried out different combinations, but now they're off to the washing machine so I can start using them.
There will be a lot more sewing than buying for a while now! My work-load has lessened a bit, so I have convinced myself that there will be more stitching time, and I certainly have enough plans to last me a while.
And while I'm sorting through my UFOs, have a look at this:
Wonderful, creative Calamity Kim is having a very generous giveaway with lots of gorgeous stuff: lovely things she has made, along with an amazing variety of craft supplies. Go leave her a comment and maybe you'll win!

No comments :