Saturday, January 03, 2009

Inspired


I visited Anna Maria's blog today and was inspired by this lovely quilt (and look at all that gorgeous fabric...)! I have seen a zig-zag quilt in one of Kaffe Fassett's books earlier, and had in the back of my mind that I wanted to make one at some stage. But I haven't really reflected upon what fabrics to use or anything. When I saw Anna Maria's quilts though, it hit me - why not make it a floral one? I have several beautiful floral fabrics lying in wait, and on my latest shopping spree before Christmas a few more were added. I just couldn't help myself - I had to bring them out and see if they will work together. And, do you know what? I think they do! I might need a few fillers in here, but I think I might make this work... Well, I had better mull that over in my mind for a while, while keeping up the good work like I have been doing today -

-on this one (remember it from last summer?) I have gone through a couple of spools of aqua thread so far, and will use a few more before I'm through, no doubt, but it is going well.

And then there is this one. I wasn't too sure about it, and the fabric I had used for the bottom border just didn't do it for me, but today I ripped it off and added the green one instead, and I'm much happier with it. That means that the top is finished, and I might actually get down to quilting it tomorrow. Or some day soon... better not tempt Fate here ;-)

1 comment :

Tine said...

I saw that quilt on AnnaMaria Horners' site too! Wow!
The fabrics you have collected will be perfect! When I started reading your post I thought the picture of the fabrics was from her site too :)
the quilting you are doing on the sunflower quilt is stunning!! That must take forever?!