Saturday, December 27, 2008

Quilting through Christmas

A couple of lovely days with family and feasts are over, and still more to come, but there are some quiet mornings for the rest of the week left, and with all the hustle and bustle of Christmas preparations over, it's time to settle down to some serious quilting! I've started working on my Sunflower Quilt again after struggling for quite a while with different quilting options. One is as good as the other Isuppose, so this morning I just threw myself into the job with abandon. The only problem seems to be that with the amount of stipple quilting I started out with, I'll need a trip to the quilt shop on Monday. Well, that's an excuse I can use, anyway...Not that shopping sprees are needed. Just look at these goodies that arrived just before Christmas (a gift to me from me!). I just couldn't resist the lure of the new Beatles fabrics that eQuilter had to draw my attention too, and judging from some of my other purchases (of, course I had to get more (!) I had a bit of a psychedelic vibe going on there. Now what will this become? I'll have to think about that for a while, but a bag wouldn't be such a bad idea, would it?
Did I mention my new open toe quilting foot, by the way? I have made do with the darning foot that came with the machine until now, having seen the two described as interchangeable. But I was given a gift certificate at the quilt shop for my birthday, and used it to buy the quilting foot, and I must say I could kick myself for not realizing earlier that I needed one - it just makes the job so much easier when you actually see where you are going...

1 comment :

Tine said...

What a great way to spend birthday-money :) It makes a difference? Maybe I should follow your example. LOL!
I love the Beatles fabric, and I agree, it would make a very very nice bag!
I hope you have a wonderful and happy New Year!!