Sunday, February 24, 2008

Project Spectrum - Fire

Ever since Lolly started Project Spectrum a few years back, I was intrigued by the idea - to challenge yourself to create something within a limited timeframe using a certain colour. A good way of stretching yourself to work with colours you don't normally use. I jumped in with both feet first declaring that YES! this was something I wanted to take part in. I started eagerly and followed the scheme for a while, but eventually the flow of projects dried in to just a trickle. A new surge came last year when we were to use colour-sets, but life intervened and I forgot about it. This year, however I have every intention of following through. There are only four groups of colour this time, and even better, they are linked to an idea - the elements, starting with Fire, which gives great inspiration. I have been mulling it over for a while, but now I am ready to start. My Spectrum projects will be quilts, of course, and I have the general idea of what to include in all four quilts, although that might change somewhat along the way, but I intend to end up with four quilts that will be connected by a common theme. They will be small: 8x12",which makes it more likely that I'll carry through to the end.
I have gathered the materials for the first quilt, Fire and the construction is well under way - oh what fun I'm having!

No comments :