Sunday, February 10, 2008

Knitting bug

As I mentioned in the previous entry, there has been a bit of knitting going on here lately. The pictures today might be slightly sharper, but I'm really looking forward to longer days when it will be easier to take good photos! I finished my Calorimetry thingy - well I must admit I haven't woven in the ends and attached a button yet, but I'm almost there. Whether or not I'll wear it, I don't know, but if not, it will be a nice enough present for someone, I suppose. I just enjoyed the work - somehow the technicalities of knitting something unusual is just so fascinating that I have to try just for the sake of it. The yarn is Jazz from Twisted Sisters a soft and lovely yarn which was great to work with.

Having finished this in two evenings flat, I dove into my knitting basket and came up with this - Noro Silk Garden. I have had some of this in my stash for ages, and had an idea that I would use it for a knitted spiral scarf. I found a pattern here, and had a go last night.
I have got the hang of it by now, but have come to the conclusion that the spiral is way too dense and rigid, nothing like the soft ruffle thing I had in mind, so it's time to pull the cord, so to speak :-) I think I'll try again on thicker needles and with less stitches, and maybe I'll come up with a result that's more to my liking. Or not. I might use a thinner yarn, of course, but this is the one I had in mind, and I am stubborn, so I'll persevere...

No comments :