Sunday, February 12, 2006

Bags of fun




I finished both the handbags. I'm still not sure about the Velma one, it's a bit too soft and floppy, so if i make another one I'll use something sturdier for the interlining. I love the Madison one, though (the yellow one), and I think I'll make one for myself in a different fabric. These are for the quilt shop and they are both on display now. Apparently ten people have signed up for the class already, so it's definitely one that will take place! I have until April to plan the actual teaching and maybe make another bag. It's not like me to be so organized, something is bound to go wrong...
I think my sisters might like the different styles, so I might make one more of each (half done for the class so I can use them to demonstrate the process). And, as I mentioned, another Madison for myself. Maybe with longer handles so it can be used as a shoulder bag, we'll see...



I couldn't help myself - I had to start a new project to celebrate ;-) It's a one-block quilt of a 3D house from a book by Sarah Nephew. I bought the book and ruler to explore easier ways to cut and piece building blocks and other shapes with 60 and 120 degree angles. It's not to difficult to use, although there's a lot of leafing back and forth, since the pattern I've chosen uses parts from different patterns and I also have to keep going back to the instructions to make sure I'm doing it right! Being left-handed doesn't help, so I have to adapt the techniques a bit, but I'm getting the hang of it now. Here's half a house and some trees ready to be stitched:

No comments :